Once I had my designs prepared (see Part 1), building the costume was pretty fun. I was simultaneously working on Raven and Te Ka so I borrowed some techniques from each build to really make this design unique.
How do you tackle the difficult task of constructing a cosplay with limited reference photos? This blog post is Part 1 of my Moon Knight cosplay write up, and it focuses on my decisions for design and construction. Read the full post below.
Raven from Teen Titans is my spirit animal. I identify with her so hard, but I knew I wanted to cosplay some version of a redesign of her. Cue NoFlutter's early design sketch. she's since redesigned Raven in a gorgeous design, but I really wanted to cosplay her original concept.
My client got her helmet, she was super happy, and I'm sharing with you how I made it! Read the full article below.
I was approached by a group of cosplayers to join this epic mashup group cosplay. I was asked in early March, and the con was end of April. That's a very short amount of time to put resources together. Read the full blog below to see how I pulled it off!
As a cosplayer, I tend to build and build and build and some costumes unfortunately never get work again. So I've decided to retire a few old cosplays, and this is their tribute post.
This was an intense build featuring floating pauldrons, LED lights, and a ton of DIY experiments. This was a secret build to the public that only my patrons had access to. I also did a few tutorials for them, which will be linked at the bottom of the post. For that reason, this will be a quick guide of materials I used to build the costume, but no step by step guides as I usually do. For full acess, tips, and tricks, join my Patreon!
Today I get to share a guest post written by a special friend of mine! Shelley has been a huge inspiration to me and a very talented cosplayer. She wrote this breakdown for her Rapunzel cosplay and is letting me share it with you guys while I work on my own costumes! It's a great read and it's nice to see the approach other people take to their projects. Enjoy the read!
Before we get into full Christmas swing, let's do a quick recap of the cosplay and makeup challenge I did leading up to Halloween Day!
I teamed up with We Love Colors recently to do a mystery Halloween Challenge. They sent me three different colors of tights and my challenge was to base a costume around them. Maybe it was an accident, maybe it was fate; but the main costumes I came up with all involve the same base pieces! Read on to find out all about my costumes and how I tackled this challenge.
This cosplay is a lot to take in, from the long name, to the bright and shiny armour. This was such a challenging cosplay for me, as it was my first armour cosplay, and I didn't have the time or finances to play with worbla.
On one hand, I love the flexibility of the foam on certain parts, but on the other hand, I would love to see a few more ridgid elements. This is all things I can look into when I rebuild the armour.
This was such a fun cosplay to make and I am honored to be a part of a wonderful group for Edmonton Expo this coming weekend. I posted my shield tutorial a while ago and the other princesses in the group followed my tutorial so we could have matching shields! It was so amazing to see everyone come together! I will have group photos to share soon. For now, check out how I made this cosplay!
Yin was a fairly simple build, even though I tried some new things and gained some new skills. Keep reading for a complete breakdown on how I made this cosplay!
I wanted to be as accurate as possible with this shield, so the only thing that's accurate is the dimensions of the shield.... (she said ironically)
You can make your shield as big or as little as you want, but the bigger it is, the more magic required. I made mine with no tutorial or direction, I just winged it, so my tutorial is going to be a bit different than how I actually built it. I've since thought of better ways to do certain parts. So let's get started!
I procrastinated pretty hard on this project and left my self a week to finish it in. I had the design mostly laid out, and I knew exactly what I had to do, so luckily I wasn't winging it all week. Read on to see how I put together this cool mashup!